Bret Johnson Architecture is founded on over 30 years of experience and a three—point philosophy:
· Architecture is a problem–solving profession. It is the marriage of function and art. It doesn’t matter how good the building looks - if it doesn’t work for the user, it’s an expensive piece of sculpture.
· Keeping existing buildings working well for the users is just as important as building new ones.
· Architecture is a service profession and taking care of the client is the number one priority.
Past clients have included universities, school districts, municipalities, banks, churches, non-profits and developers.
Every project begins with a complete assessment of your needs, wants and desires. From that assessment, we’ll work together to find solutions that fit your needs and budget. Those solutions can range from a new building to solving chronic maintenance problems.
One thing we don’t do is pretentious. We take our work and your project very seriously, but not ourselves. We enjoy what we do, and we think you’ll enjoy the experience of working with us.
· Historic Structure Assessments
· Preservation Plans
· Construction documents and construction administration services for State Historic Fund projects
· Preservation, rehabilitation, restoration and reconstruction
· Building condition assessments
· Forensic architecture
· Roofing and waterproofing design
· Tenant finish
· Energy efficiency upgrades
· Program Plans
· Construction Documents
· Sustainable Design
· Construction Administration
"Two of Man's greatest impulses: the impulse to make things work and the impulse to make them beautiful." - Hugh Ferriss
Sign up to hear from us.